I am not a huge fan of figs as a fruit, however, when roasted this elegant fruit becomes quite delicious for my taste buds. Drawing inspiration from one of Anne Burrell’s recipes, this is the perfect dish for entertaining. It’s quick and easy to whip together and simply delicious. These will definitely hold a spot on the menu for my dinner parties!
- 12 figs (fresh or dry)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- roughly 8 ounces Gorgonzola Dolce (at room temperature)
- ½ cups walnuts, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 350F (I used my Breville Smart Oven).
- Slice the figs in half lengthwise, place them inside a baking dish, and dig a little hole in the middle. Drizzle the fig halves with 2-3 drops of balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt.
- Fill each fig with Gorgonzola and top with a walnut. Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.