I love potatoes in almost any shape or form. However, white potatoes (that are traditionally used to make mashed potatoes) can cause internal inflammation. This dish a healthier alternative to the heavy white potato.
Cauliflower is packed with nutrients. It contains various B vitamins, as well as antioxidants. It’s anti-inflammatory and provides the body with natural fiber aiding in digestion.
Some may say that the taste of cauliflower is quite bland, however when cooked properly this wonderful vegetable can truly shine and excite the taste buds.
I love making this quick and easy dish for my picky toddler!
- 1 crown cauliflower
- ghee to taste
- sea salt >to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh herbs (chives and basil both work particularly well)
- grated cheese (Cheddar or Colby work best), optional
- Steam> the cauliflower until mushy.
- Drain the water.
- Heat up ghee> in a small pan> for a few minutes. Add in garlic and sautee for a few minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower along with the heated ghee>, garlic, fresh herbs and sea salt >to the blender> and puree until desired consistency.
- Top with the optional grated cheese.