Nothing says summertime better than a great frozen treat. This guilt-free sweetness is sure to please both adults and kids.
I’ve made homemade popsicles so many ways! You can puree whole fruit and pour it into molds, use any type of freshly pressed juice, or use mixtures of coconut milk or yogurt and fresh fruit purees swirled together. This time around I pureed/blended watermelon and melon (done separately) , added whole blueberries and just a tad bit of coconut sugar/crystals to boost the sweetness.
- 1½ cups seedless watermelon, diced
- 1½ cups melon, diced
- 2 tbs coconut sugar, divided
- ¼ cup blueberries, whole
- Process/blend watermelon with 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar until smooth (you can use a food processor or a blender – I use my high speed Vitamix). Pass through a fine sieve into a large measuring cup; discard solids.
- Repeat the same process for the melon. Alternatively, you can mix the watermelon and melon together, I chose to keep them separate to give the pops contrasting colors.
- Stir berries into watermelon/melon mixtures; divide among ice-pop molds. Freeze overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!